- When was the last time, I engaged in social media?
- Meaningful/not meaningful?
- How do I feel about that?
- How was it related to my life?
- What was the last thing I did?
- Motives for doing it?
The last time I interacted on social media was about two minutes ago. It was on Twitter and my intention was to scroll down the Twitter 'Home Deck' in order to get updated. This didn't last long though. I got bored and clicked away. Before (being idealistic about) catching up on news, links, pictures and possibly a few retweets, I was online at Facebook; interacting with my sisters. Next week we are getting together and the conversation was about planning our get-together. We were talking about when, where, for how long, what and why (not). I often do this on Facebook; I use it as a platform for planning and organizing meetings, get-togethers and alike. I 'Facebook plan' with my classmates, whenever something changes in relation to the lectures at the University, for instance. Every time I engage in a new constellation, such as the newly created Book Club in the MA course Digital Identities, it is just easier to create a closed group on Facebook rather than texting each other separately. On Facebook everyone involved is able to see, what you write - and it is easier to make plans when having a planning tool as Facebook at hand. I do the same in work relations; on-going conversations, closed groups and Facebook friendships. It is all about connecting, networking and being able to get in touch with one another - quickly and easily.
Enough about planning. I do this every day, all day - in all kinds of groups and relations. Although I do find it both practical and smart, it is kind of a drag talking about it, since it is so trivial and 'everyday life' to me. It seems there is nothing special or extraordinary about it. It is just part of my everyday routine, just like checking my analogue 'Time Reminder', brushing my teeth or taking off my coat when I come home and walk in the front door. It is just something that I do and something that I actually do not give that much thought or credit.
Even though I just wrote that I felt like I had written enough about planning, perhaps there is a reason why I started writing about it in the first place. Perhaps there is a point in letting it be a blog entry by itself. It somehow is a considerate part of my online (inter)actions and the triviality of it could be a sign that in a sense I feel like a digital native; I interact with social media on a daily basis - and I am non-reflective and easygoing about it. Doesn't that say something about me?
Ingen kommentarer:
Send en kommentar